The best parts of the holiday season are the parties, get-togethers, feasts, and entertaining events that gather our friends and family. Whether it is a casual pop-by, or a massive family dinner, having bits and bites big and small keeps spirits bright, conversation percolating, and appetites satisfied.
I can think of so many occasions when I’ve had to produce something quickly to welcome visitors to our home. This Ricotta Basil Olive Oil Spread is fantastic to offer as an appetizer or accompaniment to cocktails. Basil, with its green hue and fresh aroma, is a perfect match for the holidays. The richness of the olive oil and the natural sweetness of ricotta make for an exceptional spread.
At home, we almost always have some chewy bread or crispy crackers on hand, but we’ve been known to quickly toast stale pita or even tortilla chips to accompany this.
This easy spread has an aioli-like consistency but uses no eggs. Instead, fresh, part skim ricotta stands in lending a creamy-dreamy texture and richness.
- 1 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 5-inch sprig of fresh basil, washed and dried
- 1 clove fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Place the ingredients inside the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth in consistency
- Adjust seasoning and store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Want to try this for yourself? Of course you do!